Gambia Drive, Bluewattle, Rasmussen. Enter Bluewattle from Riverway Drive, and follow Bluewattle Boulevard for approximately 800m. Turn left onto Gambia Drive – you won’t miss our towering slide!
Type of play equipment
Birdwing Park is home to one of the most jaw-dropping playgrounds in Townsville. It features a 10m tall tower with three levels of play areas, and two huge twisting slides. The tower is adorned with butterfly decorations which reflect Bluewattle’s stylised butterfly logo, denoting new life and revitalisation.
- 10m tall climbing tower
- Two super slides
- Smaller climbing ropes
- Swing set incl. flat bed swing
- Crossfit equipment
- Three levels of play areas
- Winding paths for tricycles, small bikes, and rollerskating
- Large green space suitable for field sports and play
- Shade sails over play equipment
- Hard-top awnings over seating areas
- Shade trees to counter afternoon sun
Automatic lighting over playground at night
Yes – picnic tables & concrete steps